Monday, March 2, 2009

Transport to School

How do I go to school those days?

During my primary years my friends and I walked to school. It was not the distance that matters but it the 'fear' that had been whispered into our ears.On the way to school, we had to lalu a rubber factory (later become an ice-factory). Kononya disitu ada "keling sabit" dan kononnya disitu ada banyak kepala budak sekolah tergantung. Tak jauh dari situ ada pulak batu batu besar yang berwarna hitam. Itu yang dipanggil "batu belah batu bertangkup". Kononnya ia akan mencekup budak-budak yang menghampirinya. Sampai aja kawasan 'tu.

Cabut! Run as fast as we could.


Sampai sekolah mencungap-cungap. But as days went by we got over our fear and enjoyed the walks to school.

Sepanjang Sekolah Menengah I cycled to school. I could recalled when our tires got punctured, we had to push our bicycle to the bicycle shop in Jalan Zabedah to get it repaired. Sometimes when the shop owner was too busy, we had to do it ourselves. During those days, the bicycle were an imported goods. We had brands like Raleigh and Robin Hood.

We not only cycleed to school but everywhere else. During my RTC (Regional Training Centre) I cycled from my house to High School. My friends used to draw me on my bike and wrote

"A. and her iron horse"

It was only after I became a trained teacher I stopped cycling. The roads then were too busy. So whenever I wanted to go to town, I would walk. I would walk from home to town and then t00k a trishaw home. Then the ride only cost 30 cents.

Sekarang kalau tak ada Rm10 siapa nak kayuh.
Nilai duit berbeza betul.

No comments:

Post a Comment