Friday, March 6, 2009

Games We Play

Usually, after the Quran lessons, a few of my friends would stay back. We played games like five-stones, hide and seek, hop and skotch and rubber-band game. On weekends we played "masak-masak".

We were also very innovative then. We would panaskan "sepit rambut" and then curled around our hairs. See! we have curls. We even made our own brooches. We panaskan "damar" on a piece of spoon and than placed a safety pin at the centre. There we had our brooches.

Back at the kampung, I played games like "galah panjang", "bola lubang", "card game" and "ceper". I even played marbles, tops and kites. We would played untill late evening. Occasionally mother would come along with a rotan to force me back home.

Ask my children about these game? They would give you a weird smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment